- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up the meat with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, red bell pepper, and zucchini to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and beef broth, then add the basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed with more salt or pepper.
- Serve the soup hot with a slice of bread or crackers on the side.
Enjoy your delicious Ground Beef Vegetable Soup!