Here is a recipe for KFC-style biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently until it comes together.
- Pat the dough out into a 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick circle and use a biscuit cutter or a floured glass to cut out biscuits. Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure they are touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Serve warm with butter, honey, or jam.
Enjoy your homemade KFC-style biscuits!