Here is a recipe for shrimp burritos that serves 4:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, salsa
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside. Add the sliced bell peppers and onion to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly charred.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave or on a griddle until soft and pliable.
- To assemble the burritos, divide the cooked rice and black beans evenly among the tortillas. Top each with the cooked shrimp, bell pepper and onion mixture, and shredded cheese.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll up tightly to enclose the filling. Serve immediately with optional toppings such as diced avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, and salsa.
Enjoy your delicious shrimp burritos!