Here is a recipe for Copycat Applebee’s Honey Pepper Chicken Mac and Cheese:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 box macaroni and cheese, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, black pepper, water, and cornstarch until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce and stir to coat.
- In a separate pan, melt butter over low heat. Add milk and shredded cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Combine the macaroni and cheese with the chicken and sauce mixture. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the mac and cheese is heated through and the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Copycat Applebee’s Honey Pepper Chicken Mac and Cheese