Here’s a simple recipe for Cinnamon Apple Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples and walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Cinnamon Apple Cake!