Here’s a simple recipe for macaroni salad:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked macaroni with the mayonnaise, red onion, celery, bell pepper, parsley, and dill (if using).
- Add the white vinegar to the mixture and stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the macaroni salad a good stir and adjust the seasoning if needed. Enjoy!
You can also customize this recipe by adding other ingredients like chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced ham or chicken, pickles, or grated cheese.