- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Stir in the sugar until well combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture, and stir until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade brownies!