My new favorite cheap casserole!!
French Onion Beef Casserole
12 oz wide egg noodles
1 lb ground beef, I use 90/10
1 small white onion, diced
1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
½ c milk
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
6 oz French fried onions, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a stockpot, cook the wide egg noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. In the same pot, cook and crumble the ground beef over medium-high heat. Add the diced onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until translucent.
4. Stir in the onion soup mix, cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, and pepper. Heat until the cream cheese is melted and fully combined. Fold in the egg noodles.
5. Transfer the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the French fried onions evenly over the top.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and the fried onions are crispy.