Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
• 2 lbs Potatoes; peeled & thinly sliced
• ¼ cup Butter
• 1 ½ cups Onion; chopped
• 2 cloves Garlic; minced
• 2 cups leftover Gravy
• 1 cup Ham; cubed
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 4 cups Monterey Jack Cheese; divided
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl with water so they don’t turn brown and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the Garlic and continue to sauté until fragrant; about 2 minutes.
4. Add the leftover gravy along with 1 cup of cheese and whisk until heated through. Taste and season accordingly.
5. Ladle 1/4 cup of the gravy onto the bottom of a casserole dish. Add a layer of potatoes over the gravy and top with cheese and ham. Repeat the layer until all the gravy is used or the dish is full.
6. Top with the remaining cheese and cover with foil, baking for 1 hour or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling around the edges.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.