- Cooking spray
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated or frozen pie dough, thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup whole milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced, or several mini sweet peppers, diced
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Spray a nonstick 24-well mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
Unroll the pie crusts and use a 2 1/2 or 3-inch round cutter (or other circular object, such as the lid of a jar or rim of a drinking glass) to cut out 24 rounds. Fit into the wells of the muffin tin, pushing the dough into the bottom and up the sides of each well.
Whisk the milk, egg, egg yolk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and several grinds black pepper together in a medium bowl until combined; set aside.
Sprinkle half the cheese into the dough-lined wells of the muffin tin. Top with the chopped pepper, the sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the wells.
Bake until the filling is puffed and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.