• 2 pounds skirt, flank, sirloin, or hanger steak sliced into ½ inch strips
• 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
• 1 green or yellow pepper deseeded and sliced into thin strips
• 1 medium onion peeled and sliced into thin strips
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• pinch cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 6-8 tortillas warmed
Place the steak into a sealable bag. Place the peppers and onion into a separate sealable bag. Add the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and garlic to a jar with a screw top or tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined.
Pour ⅓ of the marinade over steak, ⅓ of marinade over vegetables and reserve the remaining marinade in the jar for using when cooking the steak fajitas. Seal the bags tightly and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.