– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ghee)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 onion, chopped
– 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
– 1 pound (500 g) mushrooms, cleaned
– 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable stock
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– To make the cauliflower and mushrooms skillet: Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).
– Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes on all sides. Make sure the mushrooms render as much moisture as possible. Brown them a little more if necessary, to avoid the side dish becoming soggy at the end. Keep an eye on it so they don’t burn either 😉
– Once mushrooms are well browned, add cauliflower florets. Cook until golden and crispy on the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Veggies must be well browned.
– Pour in the vegetable stock and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce the sauce slightly.
– Add thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and garlic. Cook the mushrooms and cauliflower for half a minute, until fragrant. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste, sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve the garlic butter mushrooms and cauliflower skillet immediately. Enjoy!