* 1 (24 ounce) 2-inch thick ribeye steak, at room temperature
* Kosher salt & freshly black pepper, to taste
* 1 tsp canola oil
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 3 crushed garlic cloves
* 3 sprigs fresh thyme
* 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
* Using paper towels, dry both sides of the steak by patting them; Season generously with 1 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
* Heat cast iron skillet on medium-high heat to very hot, about 1-2 min; Ading canola oil.
* Place steak in center of skillet and cook, turning every 2-3 minutes, until a dark crust forms on both sides, about 12-14 minutes.
* Minimize heat medium-low. Push the steak to one side of the pan; Add the butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the opposite side of the skillet, tilting the skillet toward the butter and cooking until the butter is foamy, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
* Working with caution, pour butter over steak for 1-2 minutes, flipping once, until internal temperature reaches 120°F for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Let it rest 15 minutes before slicing.
* Feet it right away.
* Enjoy !