Skip to content
- 3 c Flour
- 2 ¼ tsp Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ c Sugar
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a mixer combine the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add in eggs one at a time, then the milk, butter, and vanilla and knead for 2 minutes.
- Put dough on a floured bench and knead until a bit sticky, yet smooth and stretchy. About 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise for an 1hr until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough to ¾ thick and use a cup sized cutter to cut them into circles.
- Cover on a baking sheet and let rise for another hour.
- Heat oil in a deep pan until 175 degrees C and fry in batches until golden brown. Flipping halfway.
- Remove and place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Use a piping bag to fill each with Nutella then top with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!