– Sometimes I like to think that I won’t be able to finish the whole batch of these and that I will be able to save half the batter for the next day. Unfortunately, this wishful thinking never pans out. Between my hubby and I, the whole batch gets devoured in one sitting. But hey, that’s okay!!! It’s all about the pancake life in our house on Sundays.
Ingredients (makes 12 pancakes)
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– 3 tablespoons butter, melted
– 1 egg
– 1 1/4 cups milk
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Whisk in melted butter, egg, and milk until combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter into the hot skillet, about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on the sides and center of each pancake. Flip and cook until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.