Nothing tastes better with a grilled hamburger or grilled chicken sandwich than a cold, creamy Southern pasta salad! Put this perfect side dish recipe away for your next cookout or treat – it always wins rave reviews!
If there’s one common theme on any Southern outing, I can assure you it’s a creamy pasta salad. Specifically, a pasta salad! No cooking would be complete without at least one of these classic side dishes.
The classic pasta salad is the perfect side dish to share with friends and family. creamy and delicious sauce.
* Ingredients :
- 6 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (about 1 cup uncooked, or 3 cups cooked)
- cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 sweet onion cut into cubes
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 red pepper cut into cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into slices
- cup fresh chopped parsley
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water, and while the pasta is cooking, chop the onion, celery, pepper, egg, and parsley.In a little bowl, whisking mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, also garlic until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine cold pasta, onion, celery, paprika, eggs, and parsley. Stir with the sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve