• 1 large punnet of strawberries
• 5 eggs
• 350 g of sugar
• 100g of flour
• 50 cl of milk
• 50 g of maizena
• 200 g of butter
• a few drop (s) of red coloring
To prepare a strawberry sponge cake:
• To make this recipe a success, you must start by making the sponge cake. To do this, break three eggs and mix them before adding 100 grams of sugar and as much flour.
• Once your mixture is homogeneous, pour its contents into a large ovenproof dish and bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees. (Preheat your oven 10 minutes before, and watch the cooking carefully because it depends on the oven).
• Take out the sponge cake and cut it according to the shape or the container in which you want to create your cake.
• Second step is the cream that you will distribute between the two layers of sponge cake.
• Break two eggs, mix them and add 100 grams of sugar and 50 grams of maizena. Continue to mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
• Pour your tray into a blender and blend until you obtain a liquid strawberry purée.
• Then in a saucepan, pour and heat 50 cl of milk and add 80 grams of sugar. Mix and add to the rest of the previous mixture of sugar and maizena.
• Take your mixture again and add the butter that you have previously melted as well as the strawberry puree. Heat it all over low heat for a few minutes.
• Leave to cool for 20 minutes (you can add a few drops of red coloring if you want to have a particular color).
• Let your cream cool then spread it on your sponge cake before covering it again with a layer of sponge cake.
• Take the strawberry puree that remains and spread it on top of your dessert then put everything in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.